It’s simple. It’s easy to get in and out. Elizabeth City’s favorable location makes ease-of-transportation a real asset. In fact, two international airports are a short drive away in Norfolk and Raleigh. Our own Elizabeth City Regional Airport is larger than most and can accommodate helicopters, Lear Jets, and 737s.
As far as driving is concerned, we’re just 45 minutes from bustling Hampton Roads where cultural activities and recreation abound and 1.6 million people work and play. The four-lane U.S. 17 also links us to Interstates 64, 95, and 85, allowing us to offer same-day trucking service to more than half the nation’s consumer and industrial markets.
Heading north is about to get even easier, as the US 17 corridor from Elizabeth City to Hampton Roads recently received an I-87 designation as part of an Interstate corridor that will connect our neighbor to the north to Raleigh.
We also boast terrific access to water with the nearby Port of Virginia, which has the deepest shipping channels on the U.S. East Coast. It offers three of the world’s largest and fastest container cranes and 30 miles of on-dock rail. Plus, a deepwater barge site is right here in Elizabeth City, with direct access to the Intracoastal Waterway and Atlantic Ocean.
- Norfolk International Airport
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport
- Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport
- Local: Elizabeth City Regional Airport
Highways and Interstates : map
- US 17
- US 158
- US 168
Driving Times to Other Areas : map
- New York City – 8 hours
- Washington, DC – 4 hours, 30 minutes
- Hampton Roads, VA – 45 minutes
- NC Outer Banks – 45 minutes
- Greenville, NC – 1 hour, 45 minutes
- Raleigh, NC – 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Atlanta – 10 hours
- Knobbs Creek Deepwater Barge Site – Available Property
- US 17 / Knobbs Creek Deepwater Barge Site – Available Property
- Amtrak – nearest terminals in Norfolk, VA, to the north and Rocky Mount, NC, from the west
- Genesee & Wyoming, Inc.
- Greyhound – local bus “stop” at KK Food Mart, 1900 N. Road Street in Elizabeth City, NC – 252-335-5183
- Carolina Trailways
Local (taxi, bus, limousine)
- Inter-County Transit – 252-338-4480
- EC Loop – 252-338-4480
- Taxi – Moore’s Taxi, Reid’s Taxi, Stallings Taxi, Winslow Taxi