- 28,000 loyal, well-trained workers reside in the region.
- The average annual wage is a reasonable $35,666.
- Employers report low turnover and absenteeism.
- The largest Coast Guard base in the country provides a steady stream of highly trained exiting or retiring military personnel.
- Less than an hour commute for most of the 827,000 workers in Hampton Roads.
- North Carolina is a right-to-work state.
- Federal/Military retirement pay is not taxed in NC.
|Elizabeth City Micropolitan Area: Pasquotank, Camden and Perquimans|
|Civilian Labor Force (July 2016)||27,612|
|Unemployment Rate (July 2016)||6.0%|
|High School Graduates (2010-2014)||84.4%|
|Bachelor’s Degree or higher age 25+ (2010-2014)||18.5%|