Airport and Aviation Park Overview
Regional Assets and Partnerships Help Aviation Companies Take Off
In 1903 two famous brothers showed the world how to fly in North Carolina. Today there’s a regional approach to serving the aviation industry in northeastern North Carolina. With an ideal location on the Mid-Atlantic Coast between Florida and the Northeast and our business-friendly attitude, the region welcomes expanding and start-up businesses.
Northeastern North Carolina offers a ready workforce and aviation-compatible facilities, plus an idyllic lifestyle—a mild four-season climate, an inviting real estate environment and proximity to the world-famous Outer Banks beaches.
If you’re thinking about expanding or starting an aviation-related business, northeastern North Carolina offers a long list of good reasons to land here.
Situated within minutes of each other, these aviation-related facilities and workforce development programs are ready to power your company’s growth.
- Currituck County Regional Airport with adjacent industrial park
- Commerce Park: 100+ acres, 11 lots from 4–25 acre
- “Shovel Ready,” North Carolina Certified Site Program
- Zoned heavy manufacturing; all utilities (water/sewer, 3-phase electric, natural gas, broadband)
- Adjacent to new College of The Albemarle Currituck County Regional Aviation and Technical Training Center (2013)
- 252.232.6015 : ThinkCurrituck.com
College of The Albemarle
- Workforce Development and Continuing Education Department
- Aviation Systems Technology program (FAA approval pending)
- College of The Albemarle Currituck County Regional Aviation and Technical Training Center (2013)
- Entry-level and continuing training for airframe and powerplant certified technicians
- Workforce for air carriers, manufacturers, repair stations, fixed base operators, flight schools and government aviation operators
- 252.335.0821 ext. 2233 : Albemarle.edu
Elizabeth City & Pasquotank County
- Elizabeth City Aviation Research & Development Commerce Park
- Connected by C-130-class taxiway to 7,200-foot runway shared by Coast Guard and Elizabeth City Pasquotank Regional Airport
- Adjacent to Air Station Elizabeth City—largest Coast Guard aircraft maintenance depot in the country
- Able to accommodate Boeing 747s, general aviation aircraft
- $12 million investment in infrastructure, unlimited bandwidth available by 2013
- 888.338.1678 : DiscoverEC.com