Aviation Research & Development Commerce Park
|Aviation Research & Development Commerce Park|
Elizabeth City | Pasquotank County
Economic Development Commission
Airport and Aviation Park Overview
- Across street from Air Station Elizabeth City – one of the largest Coast Guard bases in the country
- Connected by C-130-class taxiway to 7,200 ft. runway shared by Coast Guard and Elizabeth City Pasquotank Regional Airport
- $12 million investment in infrastructure
- Just a few miles from the Elizabeth City State University Aviation Science Program – including Avionics track
- College of Albemarle FAA-Certified Air Frame and Power Plant Maintenance Program located in nearby Currituck.
- Components of the A&P program include sheet metal, composites, non-destructive testing and machining
- Welding and mechanical drafting also housed at the Center.
Phase I (43 acres; 4 sites)
- 4 construction-ready sites able to accommodate three 80,000 SF facilities and one 60,000 SF facility.
- Currently ground-leased to the Coast Guard following the Coast Guard’s acquisition of two 80,000 SF hangars formerly belonging to DRS C3 & Aviation.
- Coast Guard currently negotiating a lease-buyout with the City of Elizabeth City.
- Sites expected to be available for ground-leasing to private companies in April 2017.
Phase II (48 acres; 5 sites)
- 48 acres adjacent to Phase I capable of accommodating up to 5 hangars with access to the taxiway.
- Included in the environmental assessment for Phase I; could be shovel ready in 6 to 9 months.
- Training programs and customized curricula to address specific company requirements
- Discount from market ground-lease rate negotiable based on number of jobs created
Recent and Current Tenants
DRS Technologies (formerly TAMSCO), a subsidiary of Finmeccanica :
- Has overhauled Coast Guard C-130s in two 80,000 SF hangars adjacent to the Elizabeth City Pasquotank Regional Airport since 2005.
- Hangars connected by a 10,000 SF machine shop with a small paint bay.
- Had also ground-leased an additional four sites in the aviation park.
- Sold the hangars to the Coast Guard in 2015; continues to overhaul C-130s under a 5-year contract set to expire next year.
- A worldwide leader in Integrated Information and Communication Systems technology serving the Aerospace, Defense, and Commercial markets globally.
- Operates a sophisticated radar repair and installation operation serving the U.S. Coast Guard, national and international clients out of a state-of-the-art hangar adjacent to the Elizabeth City Regional Airport.