Craft Brewery Sites
|For more information:|
Elizabeth City | Pasquotank County
Economic Development Commission
Tap into the opportunities in Elizabeth City
If you’re a craft brewer and you’re looking for a home to build a successful craft brewery and pub, Elizabeth City is thirsty for you.
Elizabeth City is home to the largest Coast Guard base in the country:
- 900 predominantly young enlisted personnel
- 800 full-time civilian employees
- 700 contractors
Elizabeth City State University faculty and students and Sentara Albemarle Medical Center’s staff provide additional consumer firepower.
Complementary restaurants and businesses have a long track-record of success:
- Colonial Restaurant: 50+ years
- Muddy Waters Coffee House: 15 years
- Toyama: 14 years
- Cypress Creek: 19 years
- Grouper’s: 13 years
Complementary activities regularly bring many potential brewery customers downtown:
- Arts of the Albemarle offers monthly gallery openings, First Friday Art Walk, Third Thursday Jazz, and a cornucopia of concerts and plays
- The Downtown Waterfront Market draws 500 to 700 downtown every Saturday, May through October
Downtown already features more than 100 residential apartments, with dozens more on the way.
The Southern Hotel, scheduled to reopen as a boutique hotel in 2018, will bring the total number of downtown hotel and B&B rooms to almost 100.
Elizabeth City’s free dockage at its Harbor of Hospitality draws 2,000 boaters every season.
Market Area Population:
1. Former Carolina Theater and Grill
Theater: 109 North Poindexter Street
Grill: 113 Poindexter Street
Former two-story movie theater and adjacent restaurant operated at one time as a full-service dine-in movie theater. More recently used for live performances. Auditorium originally seated 300. Nearly 10,000 sq. ft., most of it at street level. Price: $250,000.
2. Former Thumpers Bar & Grill
200 North Poindexter Street
Red brick two-story building wraps around white corner building. Two buildings combined have 4,000 square feet on each floor. Price: $195,000.
Nearby and indicated on map:
3. Coming Soon! Future home of Elizabeth City Brewing Company
4. Toyama: Really good sushi
5. Island Breeze Restaurant: Caribbean cuisine
6. Tina Clancy’s Arts and Antiques
7. Arts of the Albemarle Center: Jenkins Gallery 1st floor • Historic McGuire Theater, 2nd and 3rd floors
8. Sidney’s Café and Bistro
9. The Photography Company, 2nd floor
10. Cypress Creek Grill and Page After Page Bookstore
11. Colonial Restaurant
12. Hoppin’ John’s
13. Harbor of Hospitality
14. Open Spring 2018 $13 Million Southern Hotel and Hotel Annex Rehab
15. Muddy Waters Coffee House
Not Pictured: Grouper’s Waterfront Restaurant, edge of Downtown