The Elizabeth City | Pasquotank County Economic Development Commission
The Elizabeth City | Pasquotank County Economic Development Commission (EC|PCEDC) seeks to improve the economic well-being of the citizens of Elizabeth City and Pasquotank County by marketing business opportunities in our area to high-wage employers nationally and by helping interested companies, local as well as national, realize those opportunities.
Our goal is to create more and better jobs and to diversify the tax base of the region. To accomplish this goal, we have adopted seven priorities that have guided our marketing campaign:
- Support the Elizabeth City Aviation Research and Development Commerce Park and the addition of a strip-and-paint facility at Air Base Elizabeth City.
- Focus resources on downtown and waterfront development and support community efforts to attract a multi-screen theater operator to the area.
- Support the City of Elizabeth City’s efforts to offer free downtown wifi and community efforts to create a more competitive environment for commercial service throughout the County.
- Work with Elizabeth City State University to establish a university art presence downtown.
- Work with Elizabeth City State University, College of the Albemarle, Mid-Atlantic Christian University and Elizabeth City Pasquotank Public Schools to coordinate economic development strategies with workforce and entrepreneurship development.
- Support Elizabeth City Pasquotank Public Schools’ efforts to improve the performance of all students.
- Meet at least quarterly with the Committee of 100, the Elizabeth City Area Chamber of Commerce, the Elizabeth City Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, Elizabeth City Downtown, Inc. and regional organizations that support economic development in the region to coordinate marketing efforts.
Site and building selection, labor and consumer market analysis, employee selection and training, and identification of incentives for which your business may be eligible. Confidentiality assured. Contact us today to learn how to tap into the energy, enthusiasm, diversity and potential of the Elizabeth City area.
ECPCEDC Board of Commissioners
|Mr. Jeff Dixon, Chairman||Pasquotank County|
|Ms. Jean Baker, Vice Chairwoman||City of Elizabeth City|
|Mr. Cecil Perry, Secretary||Pasquotank County|
|Mr. Lloyd Griffin||Pasquotank County|
|Mrs. Anita Hummer||City of Elizabeth City|
|Mr. Rickey King||City of Elizabeth City|
|Mr. Peter Thomson||Chairman, Elizabeth City Area Committee of 100|
|Mr. Arthur McPherson||At-Large, M&M Hospitality Group|
|Mr. John Keenan||At-Large, Moneysworth Linen Services|
|Mr. Craig Lewis||Ex-Officio, Sentara Albemarle Medical Center|
|Commander Bruce Brown||Ex-Officio, US Coast Guard Base Elizabeth City|
|Capt. James Seeman||Ex-Officio, US Coast Guard Base Elizabeth City|
|President – to be named soon||Ex-Officio, College of The Albemarle|
|Dr. Thomas Conway||Ex-Officio, Elizabeth City State University|
|Dr. Larry Cartner||Ex-Officio, Elizabeth City-Pasquotank Public Schools|
|Ms. Deborah Malenfant||Ex-Officio, Elizabeth City Downtown, Inc.|
|Ms. Christina Rehklau||Ex-Officio, Elizabeth City Convention and Visitors Bureau|
|Mr. Michael Hindenach||Ex-Officio, Elizabeth City Area Chamber of Commerce|
|Dr. Joe Peel||Ex-Officio, Mayor, Elizabeth City|